There’s nothing quite like the great outdoors. Our Outdoor Education program is designed to get kids active and learning outdoors. Through meaningful experiential learning, kids develop strong and healthy minds and bodies while they learn and grow with friends. With fresh air, open skies, and a diverse ecosystem, Cypress Hills is an ideal environment for exploration and discovery.
Operating out of YMCA Camp Elkwater in Cypress Hills, our Outdoor Education program offers accomodation for 100, with natural forest and quiet creeks, just a 45‐minute drive from Medicine Hat. The program operates year-round.
Our facilities are available for both day and overnight use and offer:
- Accommodation for up to 100 participants, with accessible lodges and cozy cabins equipped with heat and electricity.
- A large dining hall and full kitchen.
- Highly skilled staff trained in facilitating quality outdoor learning experiences, available to both instructor support program delivery.
- Large indoor and outdoor meeting spaces.
Programming is customized for each group. Participants benefit from:
- Structured activities like our discovery hike or pond studies.
- Programming that focuses on skill development such as archery, orienteering or outdoor living skills.
- Activities like our high ropes courses that encourage leadership and team building.
- Water‐based programming such as canoeing, swimming or fishing.
- Games and sports with an emphasis on physical activity, strategy and teamwork.
Check out all of our fun, exciting Elkwater Activities.
School & Youth Group Rental Rates:
Main Lodge, Triplex and Wood Cabin - $375.00/night + GST *
Greer Cabin - $200.00/night + GST *
Main Lodge Day Rental - $100.00/day + GST *
* 2% DFM (Destination Marketing Fee)
High Ropes Programming:
We do have public dates available, so stay tuned to our social media feeds!
For a tailored programming experience please contact us at: