We see a better future
At the YMCA of Medicine Hat, we believe in a better future for all. With the recent economic situation in Alberta and Medicine Hat in particular, people are experiencing challenges: less time with their families, less time to focus on healthy activities, and disconnection from the community.
The Y is here to help change that. We believe in helping children and families thrive through our family programming, child care services and family fitness memberships. We believe in promoting healthy living, and make sure that no one is ever turned away from a YMCA experience due to an inability to pay. We're helping youth get the leadership skills they need to gain employment. And we're helping ensure seniors develop connections in the community. The YMCA fosters belonging and connection in every community we serve.
We envision stronger, more hopeful and caring communities that result in:
- Strong and conncected families
- Resilient children who thrive and lead healthy, long lives
- Teens who are confident with a strong sense of belonging
- Healthy, engaged seniors
- Motivated adults that take charge of their health and get active
- Happy people who are excited about life