Critical issues affecting our communities:
Families living in poverty:
- 2010, 7,360 people in the greater Medicine Hat area were living in poverty, 2,590 of whom were children – representing a 10% poverty rate, anda 16% child poverty rate.
Stats - 2013 Report
The after school hours are a critical time for children:
- Many kids spend this time alone even though 92% of them say they would rather play with friends than watch television.
Stats - newswire.ca
Community support systems:
- Local support systems are not keeping up with changing demographics and family structure.
- We believe there are neighbourhoods within Medicine Hat that are underserved. That is why we will extend our reach through physical and social infrastructure aimed at filling these gaps.
- We believe in working together with other organizations to engage our community. That is why we work collaboratively with organizations, government, and individuals to build a healthy society.
- We believe everyone deserves a chance to reach his or her potential. That's why we offer financial assistance for memberships and programs to those in need.