March 17, 2020
Dear YMCA Members,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the logistics of our recent facility closures. We believe it is important to ensure that the decisions we make during this time reflect the YMCA values of honesty, integrity, trust, responsibility and inclusivity.
It’s important to us to do the right thing by our members. Effective March 16th, we have taken the following steps:
- Automatically put ALL memberships on hold until we re-open. This means no membership payments will be pulled from your bank account/credit cards.
- Annual Memberships will be extended by the length of time we are closed.
- Punch Passes have no expiry date and will be honored for the remaining punches left on the card when we reopen.
- Monthly Continuous Memberships will receive a credit for the remainder of the month, prorated based on payment date. When we re-open, this credit will be used by dividing it evenly over the number of months remaining on your membership term. This will lower your monthly payments for the duration of your membership term.
- For example: if your payment date was between February 16 - February 28, you will receive a prorated credit of 50% of your February 2020 monthly membership amount. This credit will be applied to your monthly payments when the YMCA reopens.
- If your payment date was between March 1 to March 15, you will receive a credit of 100% of your March 2020 monthly membership amount. This credit will be applied to your monthly payments when the YMCA reopens.
We recognize that in this situation, some members may prefer to have their money refunded directly. If you would prefer a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Our staff will process each request as quickly as is reasonably possible.
Members registered for Karate, Jr. NBA and Asana will receive refunds (prorated based on number of sessions cancelled). Refunds will be processed back to your original method of payment (e.g., credit card or EFT).
If you have any questions about this or would like clarification/details, please contact Betty Duhaime, General Manager of Health, Fitness & Aquatics at 403-527-4426 x 109 or email@example.com Thank you again for supporting the YMCA of Medicine Hat. We look forward to seeing you again when we re-open.
Sharon Hayward, CEO