What do the new Alberta Stages look like at the YMCA of Medicine Hat?
The latest Government of Alberta public health restrictions can be found here
Please note: all temporary COVID membership have been automatically cancelled. To continue accessing YMCA health/fitness/aquatics services, please read below:
Stage 1 (June 1st)
During Stage 1, the Downtown and South Ridge facilities must remain closed. However, we are pleased to offer our members the following services:
- Outdoor fitness classes will resume next at the South Ridge YMCA. Our team is finalizing the schedule and will post it on our website and social media accounts as soon as it is ready.
- Outdoor personal training appointments will be available as of June 1st. The cost remains discounted at $35/session.
- Outdoor Find Your Fit appointments will be available as of June 1st. During Stage 1, the cost will be $15.00 for 2 weeks.
- Larger Than Life Yard Games are still available for family cohorts Click https://medicinehatymca.ca/Programs/Family-Fun for details
Appointments for the above services will be available to book online early next week through your member portal https://medicinehatymca.force.com
Stage 2 (anticipated to start mid-Jen)
Once Stage 2 begins and our facilities re-open, all regular memberships will be automatically reactivated
. This means that membership payments will resume 2 weeks after we re-open. The YMCA will not be issuing refunds once payments are processed.
If you wish to change your membership type, put it on hold, or cancel, you can complete the required paperwork in person at the South Ridge YMCA during the following hours:
- Monday – Wednesday 8:00 am – 7:30 pm
- Thursday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday & Sundays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
All membership changes must be made before June 23rd
in order to avoid being charged.
Once memberships are reactivated, you will have free access to virtual services through Y@HOME+ . This includes:
- Live fitness - 30 classes every week including Yoga, YMCA Arriba, YMCA Barre, TotalFit and Bootcamp.
- Fitness videos for all fitness levels and ages to get active anytime, anywhere.
- Workout plans and coaching programs including instructional videos and downloadable workout cards
- Kids and family activities including arts & crafts, sing-along songs and activities for the whole family.
- Wellness programs including meditation and leadership development programs.
Please call 403-528-1631 or email email@example.com
. We will get back to you as soon as possible but do ask for patience while our facilities remain closed and staffing numbers are reduced.